We are seeking applications for a Behavioral Specialist to join our Social Emotional Learning Team! This position works in partnership with classroom teachers across the district to support students demonstrating significant behavior challenges in the classroom. This position develops, implements, and monitors therapeutic intervention for students, develops and implements classroom supports, and models techniques for staff in teaching positive student behavior.
To view the full job description and to apply, click "open position" below!
- Bachelor degree in child development, special education, behavioral, social, or psychological science or related field
- Three years of experience working in a PK-12 setting
- Experience with developing behavior intervention plans
- Training in crisis intervention including physical restraint
$31.74 - $35.06 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes, collects data and analyzes classroom systems.
- Develops classroom systems to support positive behavior (e.g. visual supports).
- Develops individual program data systems and assists in analyzing, reporting and using results to make instructional decisions.
- Models behavior intervention techniques for staff.
- Develops a plan for the teacher to provide individual intervention related to a variety of behavioral issues (social skills, anger management, impulse control, stress management, etc.) for specific students.
- Supports students individually or in small groups in a variety of learning activities.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-631-3008.