We're looking for a Communication Assistant I! This individual is detail-oriented and delivers clear written and oral communication in a timely fashion to best serve our Highline students, families, and community. Spanish language proficiency is required for this position.
Join our Communications Office to support schools and students by coordinating clear and accurate information with families, staff and our community!
To apply, click "Open Positions" below.
Communications Assistant I
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Spanish language proficiency at least Intermediate/High level on the ACTFL scale (testing may be provided during hiring process)
$63,989 - $71,357
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and schedules messages using the district’s notification system; records messages. Coordinates translation and recording of messages in multiple languages, working with Family Center staff.
- Translates written messages and records SchoolMessenger messages in English and Spanish.
- Coordinates and monitors printing and other projects with offsite vendors. Performs press checks of printed materials.
- Formats photographs and posts images and text to the district website and social media platforms.
- Prepares monthly school board proclamations and certificates for board recognition.
- Responds to questions and requests for information from staff, parents and community members.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-631-3008.