Highline Public Schools is seeking a central office administrator to join the existing Language Learning team, in support of the continued development of elementary-level language learning and K-12 arts programming! The ideal candidate has a nuance and systemic understanding of language learning and actively identifies opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration.
Click "Open Positions" below to view the full job description and to apply!
Director of Elementary Language Learning
- M.A. or M.ED in ESL, Bilingual Education, or educational administration
- Three years of increasingly responsible educational and administrative experience including the improvement of instruction, language learning best practice and intervention programs
- Washington Administrator Credential
- Washington Teaching Certificate
- Preferred Qualification: Oral and writing skills in Spanish at the Advance Mid-level or higher on the ACTFL scale
$127,183 - $145,382
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare program reports, applications, and grants related to State Transitional Bilingual Programs.
- Supervise ELL enrollment, staffing and assessment as indicated through state and district policy and procedures for elementary schools.
- Lead program development work, working with elementary principals to develop strong school-based language learning services.
- Collaborate and co-lead the development of a guaranteed and viable curriculum with the Teaching, Learning and Leadership team and other members of the organization.
- In collaboration with other leaders, coordinate and develop specific professional learning for the following staff at elementary schools: World Language enrichment instructors, Dual Language teachers, ELL Specialists and Teachers, and Bilingual Paraeducators.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-631-3008.