We're seeking applications for the position of Director of Health Services. The Director of Health Services leads a team of school-based healthcare workers (RNs and LPNs) and a central-office support team including an assistant director/manager, a lead nurse and an administrative support professional. As a team, this department leads a comprehensive, district-wide strategy to ensure student medical needs are met, ensuring a safe and healthy educational environment. The ideal candidate is committed to the equity-centered and anti-racist work of the district and has a vision for how this work translates in school-based health and wellness services.
To apply, click "open positions" below!
Director of Health Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Washington State Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Washington State ESA School Nurse certificate
- Three or more years of experience in school nursing
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Education or Administration
- One year experience performing staff evaluations
$127,183 - $145,382
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in initiating and implementing changes in the health services as needs or current issues deem necessary.
- Keep current in nursing professional standards for schools.
- Recruit, hire and orient professionally competent school nurses, health care specialists, audiometrists, secretarial staff and other staff assigned to the Health Services Department.
- Supervise and co-evaluate district school nurses, health care specialists, audiometrists and other staff assigned to the Health Services Department. Co-evaluation should be a shared responsibility with building principals.
- Provide district guidance on staff trainings for Life Threatening Conditions, health room procedures, immunization requirements and administration of medications.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at email@example.com or call 206-631-3008.