Join our team at Valley View as an Early Childhood Education (ECE) paraeducator! We are currently seeking applications for several positions to support our youngest learners! Work school hours, have summers off and enjoy the benefits of working in your community with Highline Public Schools.
If you do not have experience as a paraprofessional, that is okay! We require a high school degree and a passing score on the para-professional test (offered here at Highline Public Schools), or an AA degree. Please reach out to Amy Chamberlin if you are interested.
To apply, click "open positions" below and use the “location” filter and select “Valley View.”
Early Childhood Education Paraeducators-Valley View
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and successful completion of an approved paraeducator assessment test or
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and 72 college credits or
- AA degree
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adapts and administers classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel, for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides, under the supervision of the assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives, implementing IEP plans, and ensuring students' success in school.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-631-3008.