We are seeking an adaptive, resourceful, and relational candidate who will serve as the Executive Assistant to the Instructional Leadership Executive Directors (ILEDs). This individual is experienced in or can quickly adapt to a P-12 system and work with ILEDs of Highline Public Schools’ early learning programs and elementary schools. The ideal candidate is skilled in the use of digital tools, is empathetic and friendly, and values customer service that centers dignity and respect.
To view the full job description and to apply, click "open positions" below!
Executive Assistant I
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Five years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience including dealing with public
- Advanced technical training in secretarial procedures
- K-12 public school district secretarial experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers a multi-line telephone system; screens calls; provides information and/or answers questions. Directs calls to appropriate staff member; records messages. Schedules appointments for supervisor. Greets and assists office visitors. Promotes positive public relations.
- Provides secretarial support to Executive Directors. Formats, types and edits correspondence, memoranda and reports including confidential materials from handwritten drafts or dictation. Duplicates and distributes typewritten copy.
- Maintains office files; researches files to provide information; receives, sorts, and distributes mail; prepares outgoing items for mailing.
- Acts as a liaison between supervisor and division staff, parents and others. Communicates requests and issues; facilitates required contacts with supervisor; provides assistance not requiring supervisory intervention as needed.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at email@example.com or call 206-631-3008.