Join our team as a Grounds, Equipment and Site Worker! This position is responsible for the maintenance of landscaped areas on school district property. It requires knowledge in the areas of maintaining plants, trees, lawns, preparation of soil, pruning trees/shrubs, planting flowers, trees, grass and shrubs.
To apply, click "open positions" below and use the “Interest” filter and select “Classified.”
Grounds, Equipment and Site Worker
High school diploma or equivalent
Two years’ experience in a similar position with related responsibilities
Valid Washington State driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares athletic fields for play, including striping, dragging, leveling, monitoring and maintaining field lips and edges.
- Competently operate all equipment, tools and vehicles necessary to perform the assigned duties.
- Exercise independent judgment in appraising a problem and selecting a suitable solution.
- Estimate labor and material costs as required and tabulate cost data on finished work requests.
- Understand and practice all safety requirements associated with the work and report any unsafe condition to the supervisor.
- Assist in training workers of lesser classifications as required.
- Instruct and advise operators in the proper use and care of equipment.
- Plant, trim and maintain trees and shrubs
- Maintain driveways and parking lots
- Fertilize lawns and planting areas
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-631-3008.