Come join Highline's LPN team! Make an impact in your community by serving our students while enjoying weekends and summers off!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides health care services by meeting the individual needs of students; incorporating health care plans directed by physicians; providing health information and serving as a resource to teachers, staff and administrators; and identifying health problems for referral for proper treatment.
To view the full job description and to apply, click "open positions" below!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- College and/or vocational school certificate/degree in nursing
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse license
- Valid CPR and First Aid certificates
- Valid WA State driver’s license and proof of insurance
$33.72-$37.25 an hour, depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers first aid, medication and specialized medical treatments (e.g. oral suctioning, catheterization, tracheostomy care and emergency management, nebulizer treatments, enteral feedings, diabetic management, oxygen, one on one student care, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured children.
- Assists school nurse in health and safety preparedness training and planning for the purpose of ensuring that information is readily available to staff and a plan in place. Assists with maintaining student's confidential files and records (e.g. health care plans, immunization records, agency referrals, accident reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing information required by legal requirements and professional standards.
- Collaborates with parents, students, health care providers, and/or public agencies for the purpose of promoting and/or securing student health services, providing information and complying with legal requirements.
- Implements health care plans for students with health problems for the purpose of meeting the needs of students with chronic health problems and/or accommodation requirements.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at email@example.com or call 206-631-3008.