Parkside Elementary School is seeking a Librarian with a strong equity focus who is highly skilled in technology, leading digital citizenship, and collaborating with classroom teachers. This individual is committed to anti-racist practices as demonstrated in their teaching, leading, and leadership; has demonstrated experience utilizing and leveraging digital tools in support of instructional goals and student & family engagement; and is committed to engaging students and families in literacy and library experiences.
To view the full job description and to apply, click "open positions" below!
School Librarian at Parkside Elementary
- Valid Washington State Teacher certificate with appropriate endorsement (Library Media or Library Science endorsement)
- Completed two years of successful classroom teaching
- Master's degree from an American Library Association (A.L.A.) accredited library school or a comparable Master's level program, or 30 graduate hours in library science.
- Recent training and experience preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, and evaluate library media program and services in cooperation with faculty.
- Provide instruction, guidance and reference assistance to students and staff in the selection and utilization of print and non-print materials.
- Provide training and/or assistance to staff on integration of library/information resources in the curriculum.
- Consult with staff on effective media, including computer, strategies
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at email@example.com or call 206-631-3008.