We are seeking applications for Special Education (LRC) Teachers for Glacier Middle School, Sylvester Middle School and Tyee High School.
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) serves students with identified disabilities who require specially designed instruction in one or more academic or non-academic areas. Students in LRC typically receive a large portion of their daily instruction through general education alongside their general education peers. Students will receive SDI based on their IEPs, which may be delivered through various models, including co-teaching, push-in, or pull-out support.
- A valid Washington State Teacher with Special Education endorsement K-12 and endorsement in core subject areas assigned or a passing WEST E test score in core subject area assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement interventions based on student assessments and evaluations
- Establish and communicate clear lesson and intervention purpose
- Schedule student interventions that are responsive to changing needs for intensity and/or duration.
- Utilize data and frequent, ongoing progress monitoring systems to inform instructional decisions and/or revisions
- Collaborate with general education teachers, literacy/math coaches and other service providers to plan/program for a wide range of student needs.
Questions? Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org Opens in New Window or call 206-631-3008.