Lend students a helping hand by becoming a special education paraeducator! Our 1:1 paraeducators are committed to providing appropriate educational opportunities designed to meet each student’s unique learning needs with a continuum of special program options!
To apply, click "Open Positions" below.
Special Education 1:1 Paraeducators
High school diploma (or equivalent) and
- AA degree or
- 72 college credits or
- Successful completion of an approved paraeducator assessment test
- *Physical Agility Assessment required for some special education positions
- $18.83 - $20.79 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adapts and administers classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives
- Maintains the confidentiality of students, their program and disability information for the purpose of protecting students’ rights.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g., first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, CPI, professional development time, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with students using defined team-prescribed vocabulary for the purpose of reinforcing appropriate social skills language, behavior and skills generalization.
- Assists students with physical needs (e.g. lifting from wheelchair, transporting, toileting, catheterization, diaper changing, feeding/tube feeding, dressing, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that students' most basic needs are met while at school.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, and professional support personnel, for the purpose of assisting certificated staff in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP goals.
Questions? Join us for our virtual information session on Thursday, October 1 at 5:00pm! Contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-631-3008 for more information.