General Employment

Do I have to apply online?

Yes. Highline uses an online application system for all employment opportunities. An email account is required to apply.

Computers are available at our district office for those needing access to complete the application process. Our district office is located at 15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW, Burien, 98168. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

If you need assistance applying online, check out the Application Guide below:


How do I apply for an open position?

Click the apply button below to register and complete an applicant profile. The profile includes an opportunity to go through a checklist of positions you may be interested in and want to receive email notification when the position is posted.


What if I need an accommodation to complete the application materials?

To request an accommodation during the application process, contact Employment Services for assistance at 206-631-3008.

 How do I know that my application was received by Human Resources?

After applying for a job, you will receive an e-mail indicating that your application is complete and has been received for processing.

What are Applicant Pool postings?

Some positions are posted as an Applicant Pool position in order to obtain a list of general, qualified candidates. These postings are not for specific locations. We encourage you to apply to all Applicant Pools for which you are qualified and interested in.

For positions that are shown as open, when are interviews scheduled?

Once a posted position closes, the interview team will review the qualifications of each applicant. Positions are screened based on requirements for the position and a completed application. Selected individuals will then be scheduled for an interview.

How will I be notified regarding an interview?

If you are selected as a candidate for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the school or department Hiring Manager responsible for the position. Every effort will be made to provide prior notice several days before an interview; however, it is important to note that during peak hiring seasons it is not always possible to provide a 24 hour notice.

How can I find out the salary for a position?

The salary and/or hourly rate for a posted position can be found on the posting. Highline Public Schools provides a competitive compensation package that includes salaries, benefits and working conditions.


Do I need to be a citizen of the United States to work for Highline Public Schools?

We hire both United States citizens and individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (Title 8, US Code, Section 1.324A).

All new employees are required to submit a completed Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9), issued by the US immigration and Naturalization Service, along with specific documentation proving eligibility to work in the United States.

What do I need to do to get released from my contract with my current school district employer?

If you are under contract with another district, you must obtain a written release from your employer before you can be eligible to receive an official job offer and employment contract from Highline Public Schools.


Didn't find what you're looking for? Send us an email and we'll answer your question.

Send Us an Email