The assistant principal demonstrates a strong commitment to the Highline promise and bold goals.
What does the assistant principal do?
- Assist the principal and serve as acting principal when the principal is absent
- Supervise student discipline and welfare and coordinate with teachers and families.
- Supervise attendance and truancy
- Assist in coordinating student activities and programs
- Assist counselors and teachers in classroom management
- Assist in the development of school policy
- Counsel students
- Act as liaison with community agencies
- Master’s degree in education
- Three years of teaching or counseling experience
- Washington State Principal Certification
- Washington State Teaching Certificate