We have immediate openings for all substitute positions.
- Are you looking for a job that is flexible with your child's school schedule?
- Are you looking for a rewarding job working with students?
- Do you want to work in your own community?
We are always seeking qualified teachers who are passionate about serving our students.
- Washington state teaching certificate
- If you don’t hold a teaching certificate but are interested in substitute teaching, please reach out to the substitute office about the possibility of applying for an emergency substitute teacher certificate.
Highline employs top-notch professional drivers and bus monitors. We can help you acquire the proper endorsements required to drive a school bus. We offer free training by certified instructors. If you pass the certification process and accept a job in Highline, we will compensate you for up to 80 hours of training. Our training will help you obtain a Class B Commercial Drivers License with a School Bus Authorization and S and P1 endorsements. Commercial driver training programs charge several thousands of dollars for similar programs.
- Class B Commercial Drivers License with a School Bus Authorization and S and P1 endorsements
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Minimum of five years driving experience
- Excellent driving record with no suspension or revocation of driving license within last 5 years
- Must be able to read a map, learn school locations, follow routing directions and complete paperwork
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, D.O.T. physical, alcohol and drug tests, FBI and WSP background checks
Kitchen helpers assist the kitchen lead preparing, cooking and serving food, as well as cleaning up after lunch. Cashier substitutes are trained in our computer system which is very similar to many fast food restaurant. All Nutrition services positions require you to start as a substitute before you can apply to a permanent position. This is a great opportunity for parents who want to work a few hours while their child is at school.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Food Handler’s Permit, health certificate and all other certificates, licenses, endorsements and permits as required for this position by state and local authorities (for Kitchen positions).
The job of guest custodian performs custodial duties in the facility assigned to ensure a safe, clean learning environment for the students in the Highline School District. All custodians start out as substitutes.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of a 16 hour custodial in-service training or equivalent on-the-job training
- Completion of Right-to-Know training
- First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance
Substitute Specialist/ Absence Reporting
Leaves & Guest Employee Services Lead - Sub Office
L&I Compensation, Benefits and Leaves Manager/Sub Office Manager