Lend students a helping hand. Become a paraeducator.
We have immediate openings for all paraeducator positions!
What's a paraeducator
Paraeducators work alongside teachers assisting students throughout their classroom and school.
What do paraeducators do?
- Help with make-up work, classroom assignments and tests
- Assist students one-on-one or in small groups with lessons
- Read stories, listen to students read, provide writing assistance, reinforce lessons, help with computer learning programs and more
- Help students reach academic goals and grade level standards
- Communicate with teachers and families
- Monitor playground, cafeteria and crosswalks
- Have a rewarding job working with students.
- Work and make a difference in your own community.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule that is perfect for family life. Work when children are at school; be present when they are home.
- General Education (PreK-12)
- Special Education (PreK-12)*
- Dual Language**
High school diploma (or equivalent) and
- AA degree or
- 72 college credits or
- Successful completion of an approved paraeducator assessment test
- *Physical Agility assessment required for some special education positions
- **Language assessment required for dual language positions
Please email Human Resources for information regarding ParaPro testing: Human.Resources@highlineschools.org.
For additional testing options including testing sites and at home testing, please visit:
Testing cost $60.